CenterPiece Discussions  > Donor Management  > Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file  
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file
adcantrell is not online. Last active: 7/31/2019 11:12:28 AM adcantrell
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 80

Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file
Posted: 07 Feb 2018 04:21 PM
I have ran in to an issue and I am not sure exactly how to fix it. I have several donors who give both personally as well as with their business. Apparently when I downloaded the online donations after our fundraising dinner in November, I linked their personal donation to their business file.

I assume that I can go back and delete the donations from the business file and then add them to their personal file one at a time - unless there is a quicker way.

My main concern is for going forward. They have a monthly pledge - when their new donations come in, will I be able to change the file that it is linked to? I tried to go back to the online connector and change it there, but could not find a way to do it.

Thanks!

Angie Cantrell
St. Clair Co. Sav-A-Life, Inc.
Springville, AL
205-467-7322
stclairsavalife@gmail.com
khristeyc is not online. Last active: 7/17/2020 2:44:59 PM khristeyc
Top 100 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 14

Re: Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file
Posted: 07 Feb 2018 04:42 PM
Hello and thank you for your question on our forums!

You can delete the posted transaction directly from the On-Line Giving Connector. This removes the posted transaction from the donor file and places it back under the New Tab. Now you are able to edit, link to correct donor file and post the donation.
Open the On Line Giving Connector
Click on the Posted Tab
Find the transaction you want to correct and click the Red X next to it. This removes the posted donation from the donor file and moves it back to the NEW Tab.
From the New Tab, you can click EDIT next to transaction, match to the correct donor file and and post the gift.

Each transaction that comes over from the On-line Giving Connector can be matched to a donor file that already exist in Centerpiece or you can create a new donor file it does not exist. If the donor name it matches is not correct, you can simply click "Clear Match" and search for the correct donor file to match and post the gift.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact your account manager! Have a blessed day.

Have a great day!
Khristey Chatham
adcantrell is not online. Last active: 7/31/2019 11:12:28 AM adcantrell
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 80

Re: Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file
Posted: 07 Feb 2018 04:55 PM
Thank you so much Khristey!

That worked perfectly! That is great to know in the future if that happens again.

Thank you again for your quick response. I was prepared to go through the process to delete and add back one by one and forever have the issue with it being linked wrong... LOL!

God Bless,

Angie Cantrell
St. Clair Co. Sav-A-Life, Inc.
Springville, AL
205-467-7322
stclairsavalife@gmail.com
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Forums  > CenterPiece Discussions  > Donor Management  > Monthly online gifts linked to wrong donor file